Dr. Phillip Lozman has been in practice with Dr. Jerry Sher for over 20 years. He is a native of the Florida Keys who attended Palmer Trinity in South Florida before heading to New Orleans to obtain his Bachelors of Science from Tulane University.
Having a lifelong interest in sports, health and flying, Dr. Lozman proceeded to graduate from the University of Miami with a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Degree, successfully completed an orthopaedic residency at the same institution and obtained private licenses for flying fixed winged aircraft.
His specialization in sports was solidified after a year-long fellowship with Dr. John Uribe at The University of Miami as well as a two year long course of study in microsurgery.
To further his interest in flying and in support of this nation’s defense, Dr. Lozman is now at his 10-year mark as a reservist in the United States Airforce. As a Lt. Col, he serves as the flight physician to our air force pilots, deploying on several overseas missions in support of national interests.
He is also an avid pilot, kite-surfer, and loving husband and father to his wife Natalie and new baby Hannah.
- DIPLOMATE OF THE AMERICAN BOARD OF ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
- Board Certified – July 11, 1997 – Recertified 2006
- DIPLOMATE OF THE NATIONAL BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS – July 1990
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Fellow
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Diplomate
- National Board of Medical Examiners – Diplomate
- Lozman, P.R.: Water Quality of the Mississippi River at New Orleans, Louisiana
- Thesis. Howard Tilton Memorial Press, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1985.
- Lozman, P.R., Kessler, K.J., Uribe, J.W.: Arthroscopic Treatment of Osteochondral Lesions of the Capitellum
- Journal of the Florida Orthopaedic Society. Volume XII (2):31, 1994.
- Lozman, P.R., Kessler, K.J., Zvijac, J.E., Uribe, J.W., Hechtman, K.S.: Estimation of Blood Loss from Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using a Single Incision Technique
- Orthopaedic Transactions. Volume 18. Number 4, 1994 -1995, p. 1269.
- Lozman, P.R., Stricker, S.J., Makowski, A.L., Gunja – Smith, Z.: Chondroprotective Effect of Corticosteroids in Pyogenic Arthritis: A Study in Rabbits
- Orthopaedic Transactions. Volume 19. Number 2, 1995.
- Lozman, P.R., Hechtman, K.S., Uribe, J.W.: Combined Arthroscopic Management of Impingement Syndrome and Acromioclavicular Joint Arthritis
- Journal of the Southern Orthopaedic Association. Volume 4. Number 3, Fall 1995, p. 177-191.
- Beam, J.W., Lozman, P.R., Uribe, J.W.: Surgical Treatment of Chronic Patellar Tendinitis in a Collegiate Football Player
- Journal of Athletic Training. Volume 30. Number 4 (October-December 1995) p. 342-344.
- Stricker, S.J., Lozman, P.R., Makowski, A.L., Gunja – Smith, Z.: Chondroprotective Effect of Betamethasone in Lapine Pyogenic Arthritis
- Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. Volume 16. No. 2, 1996, p.231-236
- Sher, J.S., Lozman, P.R.: Proximal Humerus Fractures and Dislocations and Traumatic Soft-Tussue Injuries of the Glenohumeral Joint. Review of Orthopaedic Trauma, W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, p.239-254, 2000.
- Sher, J.S., Lozman, P.R.: Proximal Humerus Fractures and Dislocations and Traumatic Soft-Tissue Injuries of the Glenohumeral Joint. Review of Orthopaedic Trauma, Second Edition, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Philadelphia, p.272-299, 2013.